Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Daughters Lead Me ...

After I published that post on struggling with forgiving because of how I felt I went to bed. I plopped in that bed exhausted, didn't have the energy to put the girls in their own beds. As I said goodnight to them and struggled inside my thoughts My 6 year old tells her sister how she was sorry for how she treated her today, gave specifics then asked for her forgiveness...my four year old replied quickly yes I do then in return apologized to her and asked for forgiveness..thier converstaion ended with I loves you's and good night..the hardness I felt in my heart just broke instantly. Then my 6 year old apologized and asked for my forgiveness, my 4 year old followed her sister and then I took my turn to apologize for being unloving towards them and asked them both for forgiveness..more I love yous and goodnights...

It took just one step of seeking forgiveness from just one person and it trickled down..My girls lead me that night and exampled the love we should have for one another..To be like a child and have a childs heart...Seeking forgiveness and giving forgiveness in that moment wasnt hard anymore. I felt a little silly, here I try so hard to be a model to them, yet so many times they are models for me, but I have come to know I can learn just as much from them as they can from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment